Product aliases in CartRover
How are product aliases added to CartRover?
Automatic Alias Loading
For fulfillment systems that CartRover supports Inventory Sync Pickup
for, CartRover will automatically download the main product identifier from the WMS and display it in CartRover. For fulfillment systems that CartRover supports Product Alias Pickup
for, CartRover will also automatically load all product aliases attached to the main product identifier and display them in CartRover as well.
Example: This product has a SKU number (which is the main identifier) and a UPC (which is treated as an alias to the SKU). Both values identify the same product.
Manual Alias Loading
The following process can be completed manually in the CartRover interface if your OMS or WMS does not support aliases automatically. If you have a large list you need loaded into CartRover, create a CSV file in this STANDARD FORMAT
, then open a support ticket and upload your CSV file. There is a fee for uploading manual files. You can also load them yourself one by one as shown below
Using Amazon as an example to load your Amazon Seller SKU as an alias into CartRover.
To add the Seller SKU as an alias in CartRover:
- In CartRover go to (Merchant tab → Products and Locations → Product Alias)
- Search for and select the fulfillment product identifier that matches the Amazon Seller SKU.
- Click "Add Alias Code"
- Add the Alias Name (MUST be consistent across multiple products) and the Alias Value (MUST be unique across all products)
- Click Save
- In your Amazon cart settings in CartRover (Carts tab > Amazon > Edit Setup) make sure the "Translate Item Code" field is set to "Master SKU" This means that when CartRover loads the Seller SKU from Amazon, it will translate it to the Master SKU (from the fulfillment system) before passing the order to the fulfillment system.
- Also in your Amazon cart settings in CartRover, make sure the "Push Inventory Using Alias" field is set to the alias you created from the sales channel (e.g. Amazon). This means that when the fulfillment system provides inventory levels using the Master SKU, CartRover will translate to the Amazon Seller SKU when pushing those inventory levels to Amazon.
Product Alias Rules/Restrictions
CartRover expects that each alias code uniquely identifies a single master product. If you have multiple unique products with the same alias CartRover will be unable to properly translate between them.
If you have a single product with multiple of the same alias types (eg. two UPCs), and you have set up CartRover to sync inventory to the cart using that alias, CartRover will sync your inventory level for that product multiple times, once for each alias. This allows you to have a single product on the back-end synced with two different products in your shopping cart. Note that CartRover will push the full inventory level for both aliases, so there is a possibility for over-selling that product in between inventory syncs.
Upload Product Aliases
Review the Product Aliases in CartRover page before continuing with the below steps. The CartRover interface does not currently allow you to upload product aliases in bulk via CSV. It currently only supports manual entry. However, if you provide your ...
CartRover Support Options
You can view your support options and contact support any time by logging into CartRover and selecting the Support tab. Support Hours Support is currently offered from 8am to 5pm Pacific time. Standard Support All CartRover accounts come with Free ...
Loading Product Aliases from SphereWMS
To load Alias information from Sphere into CartRover follow these directions: Go to the Merchant settings in CartRover and enable the Download Product Aliases option. Make sure that Inventory is enabled on this screen as well. The next time an ...
View Product Sync
After setting up a shopping cart (and clicking on it), you will see a range of Actions and Tools in the Carts tab. One of the tools you will have is called View Product Sync. View Product sync provides a way to see the last time CartRover synced ...
How to Send Shipping Emails From CartRover
CartRover does not send out order or shipment confirmation emails to customers. However, there are still several way these emails can be sent out: Through Shopping Cart Most but not all shopping carts have this functionality built in. As long as ...