Setting Up CommerceHub OrderStream
- FTP Server
- FTP Username
- FTP Password
- Your Partner ID
- Their Partner ID (Retailer ID)
- Your Vendor ID* (Retailer Dependent)
- Warehouse ID (aka Facility ID)
CommerceHub is an EDI connection. As such it is your responsibility to carefully read the setup documentation and understand any requirements CommerceHub or the retailer have put on your specific setup. EDI connections are never plug-and-play and you must take responsibility for knowing your requirements and setting up your products and SKUs correctly in order for the connection to work smoothly.
- You must have OrderStream enabled on your CommerceHub account.
- CartRover uses SFTP communication with OrderStream via XML. Make sure your OrderStream account is setup for SFTP communication (not VAN)
- Please contact CommerceHub at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you will be using XML over SFTP. They will provide FTP credentials for CartRover.
- Request the supplier test plan and XML guides from CommerceHub and send it to CartRover. (these can be found in your CommerceHub Resource Center as well)
Setup your warehouse From shipping address in the CartRover merchant. Click on Locations & Products, select a warehouse, click Edit Warehouse, click Add Address.
- Place the CommerceHub Warehouse/Facility ID in the "AddressLocationNumber" field in the CartRover Warehouse Address.
- You can find your Warehouse/Facility ID in OrderStream by going to Warehouses > Manage Warehouses.
- 850 Purchase Order
- 855/997 Acknowledgement
- CartRover can only supports full Acknowledgements. If an order can only be partially fulfilled then a partial acknowledgement should be sent using CommerceHub's Web Portal.
- 856 Shipment
- 810 Invoice
- We recommend you enable Auto Invoicing in CommerceHub, but CartRover can
generate basic invoices. Contact CommerceHub for setup information.
- 846 Inventory Advice
CommerceHub connections through CartRover only support Dropship orders, not B2B.
Data Exchange Method in CommerceHub
When configuring your CommerceHub OrderStream account, please select the data exchange methods as shown HERE. Note: Document types may vary per retailer. Please select SFTP and XML for all CartRover documents (listed above).
CommerceHub requires testing the connection before going live.
- Enter your test credentials into CartRover to load orders.
Contact CartRover support to have us generate testing responses for those orders.
- Please include the retailer Test Plan & HubXML documents provided by CommerceHub. Read instructions for downloading them.
- CartRover will respond with a list of manual actions you must also perform. Login to https://test.commercehub.com to complete them.
- Once done, let CommerceHub know to review the test orders.
- Additional changes or test orders may be required.
When certified, you can switch go live by removing the "-test" from the FTP Server setting in CartRover.
- Example: mystore.sftp-test.commercehub.com mystore.sftp.commercehub.com
Note: Save your testing password in case you ever plan to set up a second retailer. CommerceHub will re-use the same testing password but will not provide it to you again which can draw out the amount of time it takes to setup future retailer connections.
CartRover does not sync custom packing slips from CommerceHub. Custom packing slips must either be manually downloaded from CommerceHub or generated in your back-end/warehouse system.
CommerceHub OrderStream Settings
Document Numbers CartRover supports the following documents with CommerceHub (XML via SFTP). Please see the below section for CommerceHub Data Exchange Method setup. 850 Purchase Order 855/997 Acknowledgement 856 Shipment 810/820 Invoice 846 ...
Setup Merchant SKUs and UPCs - CommerceHub
CommerceHub OrderStream sometimes requires a Merchant SKU or a UPC for each product when performing inventory syncs. In order for this to work, you must setup these SKUs and UPCs as product aliases in CartRover. For some systems aliases will load ...
CommerceHub Required Resources
Please provide the following resources to CartRover support when setting up a new CommerceHub retailer connection. Login to CommerceHub OrderStream Click Resource Center in the upper right Select the proper retailer Click on Setup Guides. Save the ...
Setting Up CommerceHub DemandStream
DemandStream Integration Specs: Supported functions: Order Download Inventory Sync Shipment Confirmation - Detailed Required Parameters FTP Server FTP Username FTP Password Retailer ID Partner ID Step-by-step guide You must have DemandStream enabled ...
CommerceHub OrderStream Invoices
CartRover can optionally send an invoice record to CommerceHub after the order has Shipped. To enable this feature go to the Commercehub settings in CartRover and enable the Send Invoice option. Important Notes about Invoices CartRover does not pick ...