Using a Cloud FTP Service
Please note that using a cloud based FTP solution can lead to potential issues. Since may different CartRover customers may be connecting to your same FTP provider, a mistake by another client could possibly take down your connection as well.
- Client Foo uses a service like BrickFTP or Files.com which CartRover connects to for loading orders and posting tracking and inventory
- Client Bar does the same
- Client Baz does the same, but incorrectly enters their password and leaves their failing connection active in CartRover.
- BrickFTP blocks CartRover's entire IP address due failed login attempts breaking connections for Foo, Bar, and Baz: not just Baz.
This is not just an example scenario. This has really happened. Because of this we highly recommend one of the following:
- Use your own hosted FTP server
- Request an FTP account from CartRover support
- Request your FTP Provider whitelist the CartRover IP Addresses and also verify that they will only block the specific user that is failing to log in, and not the entire IP address.
Note: CartRover will eventually auto-disable connections that fail for too long, but your FTP provider may block you before that happens.
How to Load CSV Order Files via FTP into CartRover
CartRover offers the ability to upload CSV order files either manually into the CartRover interface or via FTP. CartRover can also provide confirmation and inventory files via FTP as well. For instructions on how to load manually upload CSV files in ...
Setting Up XML Files
XML Files are treated like any other shopping cart. To setup, add a new cart and select XML Files from the list of options. The logo for it is the same as the one shown above. Integration Specs: Supported functions: Inventory Sync Order Download ...
Setting Up CSV Files
CSV Files are treated like any other shopping cart. To setup, add a new cart and select CSV Files from the list of options. The logo for it is the same as the one shown above. Integration Specs: Supported functions: Order Download Shipment ...
How to Upload CSV Order Files into CartRover
CartRover offers the ability to upload CSV order files either manually into the CartRover interface or via FTP. For instructions on how to load via FTP, please click HERE. The below instructions will show where to manually load CSV files in the ...
Setting Up CSV Warehouse
Integration Specs: Supported functions: Order Send Shipment Confirmation Pickup Inventory Sync Pickup Required Parameters FTP Server FTP Username FTP Password Contact CartRover Support if you don't have your own FTP server and need one provided ...